United Bridge Partners is seeking a Senior Manager Business Systems Administration who has a background in toll operations management as a business analyst, systems manager, or data mining expert. The successful candidate applies business operations and systems management knowledge to the identification of operational needs and problems, coordination of Toll Project activities, and the preparation of reports and documentation. Supports direct interaction with vendors within the context of project meetings, operations-related activities, and project production and delivery. Special emphasis on tasks related to IAG (E-ZPass Network) transaction processing, file exchange monitoring, and reconciliation.
Responsibilities extend to gathering and refining toll system requirements under the direction and guidance of the VP, Tolling & Back Office Operations, of one or more United Bridge Partners (UBP) toll operations projects. This position provides business-related knowledge that orients the architecture of the tolling system and ensures integration with Back Office Operations. The individual will assess the business impact of proposed change scenarios and create strategies and plans for the timely and successful implementation of the solution. Responsibilities may extend to assessment of vendor performance and customer service. This position will report directly to the VP, Tolling and Back Office Operations.
- Applies general operational principles to solve specific toll-related problems.
- Assists in the design and development of toll operational and financial concepts and analyses, including requirements analysis, as well as communication of concepts.
- Research feasibility of alternative approaches, other toll implementations and cost analyses.
- Writes reports, participates in presentations, discusses concepts and deliverables with clients, and participates in quality-control checks.
- Analyzes information that is generated from the roadside (toll equipment) and back office to troubleshoot issues.
- Develops and analyzes business rules and procedures (roadside and back office) to optimize revenue collection and/or minimize negative customer impacts.
- Analyzes information that is generated from interoperable tolling systems to troubleshoot issues.
- Manages and analyzes business rules and procedures for interagency agreements to optimize revenue collection and/or minimize negative customer impacts.
- Coordinates with various departments within the organization (both vendor and consultant staff) to complete approved recommendations, ensuring that all parties understand the proposed solution, document requirements accurately and execute the implementation plan in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and preparation of monthly dashboard performance measure reports.
- Supports preparation and monitoring of contract and subcontract documents.
- Compiles data and prepares contract progress reports.
- May manage Toll efforts in one or various concurrent projects.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in information systems analysis, design, and operations required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with data and network systems administration required.
- Must have experience in project management, systems integration, investigating new technology, establishing operational efficiencies, data management and systems security.
- Prior experience with toll systems, electronic toll collection systems, customer relationship management or retail payment transactions is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of computer science; computer systems analysis and design; data processing concepts, computer hardware systems and project management.
- Working knowledge of various software systems on multiple platforms; database theory and design; data network operation and design; technology systems testing procedures.
- Knowledge of hardware, software, network components, requirements development, systems design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to comprehend technical material, troubleshoot and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and resolve technical issues, be attentive to detail, develop system documentation, communicate verbally and in writing on technical and non-technical matters, establish effective working relationships and prioritize tasks without direct supervision.
- This individual must have strong analytical, communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written. Attention to detail is of high importance.
- Project Management Skills: Proven ability to perform effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, while coordinating with staff and other business partners.
- Experience in medium scale program and project management, coordination of services for subcontractor activities to meet scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to make operational decisions and recommendations in a multi-faceted work environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills along with proven client relationship skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement while communicating with individuals in a tactful and professional manner.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Humble; ability to check ego at the door
- Extremely self-motivated; Self-starter; take-charge/get-it-done attitude
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Collegial; partnership mentality
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
- This position will be mostly remote based. On-site presence for meetings or other project-related activities may be required.
- Occasional travel based on business needs.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full array of benefits, generous paid leave, and extensive paid holidays are offered.
- Forward resumes to [email protected] with the subject line of UBPSMBA and your name.