Key Selection Criteria
United Bridge Partners is seeking a Facility Manager to manage the operations and maintenance of the Parkersburg Bridge Partners (“PBP”) project. This position will report directly to the General Manager of Operations and is based in Parkersburg, WV. Key project areas include but are not limited to the following functions.
Identify operations and maintenance outsourcing needs, establish request for proposals, obtain bids, recommend contractor/vendors to perform necessary operations and maintenance functions. Said functions may include the following:
Roadway Operations include activities associated with traffic incident management including service patrol, toll system maintenance, emergency response and debris removal and sweeping.
The significant activities include:
- Traffic management/monitoring
- Routine incident response and Driver Safety/Service patrol
- Emergency response to major events or incidents (EMT services, law enforcement, etc.)
- Support toll system contractor(s) with toll system maintenance and on-site response – Functional knowledge of toll system maintenance program a plus
- Support CAB facility camera operation and maintenance
- Technical support of CAB LED/Digital Message Boards
- Roadway cleaning and debris removal
- Coordinate snow and ice control/severe weather monitoring and support
- Coordinate grounds maintenance (grass cutting, litter pickup and weed control)
- Coordination of routine maintenance, including Backup Generator, Weather Station, Traffic Cameras, etc.
- Environmental support (roadway spills, etc.)
- Heavy loads/hauling permit coordination
Roadway Maintenance includes the routine maintenance activities that are performed on a regular basis such as, lighting repairs, sign maintenance, pothole repairs, traffic control devices and graffiti removal.
Bridge Inspection and Maintenance
Bridge Inspection and Maintenance includes the inspection activities performed on the bridge as specified in the National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) and subsequent maintenance requirements as identified during these inspections.
The significant activities include:
- NBIS inspections usually conducted once every two years
- Periodic inspections (annually) to identify routine and preventive maintenance activities
- The preservation and upkeep of a structure, including all its appurtenances, in a manner to maximize element/asset life
- Maintain NBIS findings, repairs, in maintenance software
Capital Maintenance and Rehabilitation
Capital Maintenance and Rehabilitation includes activities associated with major maintenance or repairs, asset replacement/renewal, and rehabilitation.
Routinely provides the added support in the following areas that fall outside the key Operations and Maintenance responsibilities, including:
- Prepare and manage annual budget/forecasts based on inspection reports and recommendations from the NBIS inspections
- Ensure all documentation, including all required infrastructure and engineering records are maintained in accordance with the record retention policy
- Computer/IT/Network support
- Phone system support
- Sign installation/replacement
- Community Events/Appearances
Facility OMR Activity Requirements
|Activity Name||Relationship Type||Comments|
|Traffic Monitoring||Contract||Arranged between specific hours with State or local transportation authority, counties or municipalities or a 3rd party|
|Traffic Enforcement and Temporary Traffic Control||Contract||Traffic enforcement agreement with local law enforcement agency|
|MOT||Contract||Longer term incident response and OMR activities|
|Light & Heavy Towing/Recovery||Preferred Provider Contract||Contract may be necessary for abandoned vehicles|
|Roadway cleaning/sweeping, debris removal, EJ cleaning, and litter pickup||Contract|
|Snow and Ice Control||Contract|
|Asphalt Pavement Repair||Preferred Provider|
|Shoulder/Ditch Maintenance||Preferred Provider|
|Maintenance, repair, and cleaning of drainage structures||Contract|
|Brush & tree control, landscape maintenance, landscaping||Contract|
|Maintenance/repair of attenuators, steel barriers, and fencing||Preferred Provider|
|Pavement marking maintenance||Preferred Provider|
|Concrete repair||Contract||Spall repair (superstructure, substructure, barriers), crack injection, joint sealing, etc.|
|Concrete cleaning and graffiti removal||Contract|
|Bridge Inspection Activities||Contract||Preparation for, conducting of, and reporting results for biennial NBIS inspection|
Education & Qualifications
- Proficient in MS Office software applications
- High level of organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Certification in Temporary Traffic Control/Flagger, Roadway Safety, Snow and Ice Control, and Confined Space Training a plus
- 5+ years in facilities management, engineering, or maintenance
- DOT or municipal experience a plus
Other Personal Characteristics
- Extroverted, positive individual
- Self-starter; take-charge attitude
- Collegial; partnership mentality
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
Other Position Characteristics
- This position is an on-site position in Parkersburg, WV.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full array of benefits, generous paid leave, and extensive paid holidays are offered.
- Forward resumes to [email protected] with the subject line of PBP FM and your name.