CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
United Bridge Partners is seeking a Customer Service Manager to manage the customer service team for the Parkersburg Bridge Partners (“PBP”) project. This position will report directly to the VP Tolling and Back Office Operations with a dotted line responsibility to the General Manager, is based in Parkersburg, WV, and be responsible for performing managerial work in organizing, coordinating, and overseeing operations of one or more toll operations projects. Responsibility extends to vendor performance management, customer service, and other back-office functions as assigned.
Key project areas include but are not limited to the following functions.
- Supervise a team of 2-5 front-line customer service employees (3rd party vendor employees).
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules and guidelines associated with toll facility operations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvements to departmental processes to increase productivity, enhance the customer experience and reduce costs and risks through operational and technological enhancements.
- Observe and evaluate existing processes; makes recommendation to achieve greater efficiency and success.
- Resolve inquiries or disputes in the areas of customer service and collections. Ensure all performance standards are met and a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external customers.
- Work closely with vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality standards are met.
- Provides administrative support on projects and Assist with project activities, tasks, and timelines; identify areas of risk, as applicable.
- Review and create reporting and presentations, tracks progress against project goals, objectives, and key performance metrics.
- Works closely with the Tolling and Back Office teams, as well as the local management team in the oversight and management of all Toll Collections functions and activities.
- Some domestic travel may be required for internal business meetings, as well as meetings with vendors, subcontractors, or other clients.
- This individual must have strong, communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to perform effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, while working in a fast paced, flexible, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in medium scale program and project management, coordination of services for subcontractor activities to meet scope, schedule and budget.
- Ability to make operational decisions and recommendations in a multi-faceted work environment.
- Ability to remain calm and exercise tact and diplomacy in researching and resolving customer complaints and in dealing with vendor staff.
- Ability to work independently, with limited management supervision while being a team player.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills along with proven client relationship skills.
- The individual in this position must be detail oriented and must be proficient in all areas of customer service.
- Strong inter-personal skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Experience in the Electronic Toll Collection Industry is preferred, but not required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, along with a minimum of 5 years related management experience is required.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Humble; ability to check ego at the door
- Extremely self-motivated; Self-starter; take-charge/get-it-done attitude
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Collegial; partnership mentality
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
- This position is an on-site position in Parkersburg, WV.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full array of benefits, generous paid leave, and extensive paid holidays are offered.
- Forward resumes to [email protected] with the subject line of PBP CSM and your name.