United Bridge Partners (UBP) is seeking an Accounting Assistant. This position will report directly to the Director of Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer and is based in Joliet, L. Key project areas include, but are not limited to the following:
General Accounting & Finance
- Month-end close & reporting
- Bank covenant reporting
- Revenue and collections analysis
- Bank reconciliations
- Intercompany billings
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Additional financial analysis & projects as assigned
- Managing incoming invoices
- Managing Accounts Payable inbox
- Obtaining approvals as needed
- Submitting invoices to Cashflow360 and initial coding
- Tracking of invoices to confirm proper payments and receipt for month-end close
- Vendor set-up: obtaining ACH and W-9 information and keeping current in all accounting software
- Matching receipts to intercompany billing invoices in Adobe
- Help with year-end 1099 forms
- Back-up Director on month-end expense processes in Concur and QuickBooks.
- Run bi-monthly aging for review and payments
- Track and maintain contract log for all assets
- Create, track, and maintain certificate of insurance (COI) log for all assets
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- Proficient in MS Office software applications and all areas of customer service
- High level of organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral communications skills
- Must be detail oriented
- 1-3 years of experience
Other Personal Characteristics
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Humble; ability to check ego at the door
- Extremely self-motivated; Self-starter; take-charge/get-it-done attitude
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Collegial; partnership mentality
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
- This position will be based in Joliet, IL and is an in-person/office role.
- It is not a remote role.
- Required to travel once a month.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full array of benefits, generous paid leave, and extensive paid holidays are offered.
- Forward resumes to email@example.com with the subject line of UBP ACCOUNTING and your name.